Thursday 21 February 2013

Need Some Colors....


It's the end of February and everything is very Wintery-looking....nothing much to paint outside so I went into my "archives" and looked for one of my favorites.....turned out to be my button picture.  This was fun to sketch and watercolor.  Catherine Carey had painted some buttons on her blog for a demo and I thought about all the buttons I have in a bag so I picked out some and painted them.   I added the needle and thread later (I had already drawn the line around the buttons) and someone said it looked like thread--so I added a needle :-) 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Catherine said...

NICE! Great dimension and color. I love the needle and thread.

Marj said...

Hi Catherine, thanks, you are always "pressing" my creative buttons and these days I need it!
Always tuned into your blog for ideas :-)

Ellen said...

Your button picture is delightful, Marj. I backtracked until I found it from March 2012. Never do I tire of looking at your precious little paintings!