Monday 27 September 2010

Contour Drawing and Plate


This is a contour drawing of some of the Peppers and Eggplant I purchased at the Northville Market last Thursday. I had them placed on my Mom's Depression glass (sandwich?) plate pictured above. I learned from a friend that it was made by Liberty Works Glass between 1931 and 1934. The pattern is American Pioneer. I do love having the plate, especially since my Mom probably purchased it from the "dime" store or earned it from gasoline purchases many years ago--it was during the Depression years and I'm sure she treasured it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Marj. the way you have let the colors mix on the paper is just beautiful!

That is a great plate.

Marj said...

Thanks, Catherine--I keep trying on the contour drawing. I actually like this one better than the peppers I painted in my "book" in the previous post :-0

Unknown said...

I might have to start collecting that pattern...if I can find it. I love it.