Friday 26 August 2011

Old Mission Point near Traverse City

On our way up the left coast of Michigan (sunset side bordering Lake Michigan) we stopped at some of the "tourist spots" and one of them was the drive to the end of Old Mission Point Penninsula. It was beautiful...there are quite a few Wineries along the way, but we didn't have time to stop for very long. Drove to the end where there is a lighthouse and walked around there for awhile. We were scheduled to check in at our hotel in Petoskey that evening--and we still had to drive past Traverse City (lots of congestion). So I tried to do my watercolor best in my journal doing a picture of the hills and vineyards, etc.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! LOve the grapes.

PAK ART said...

I would love to take a watercolor class such as this. I took one last winter, but it was indoors - still loved it, but painting outside on a sunny day would be heaven!