Wednesday 5 October 2011

Journal watercolor Sketches



Looking through some of my recent Sketchbook Journals, I don't think I posted this one of Cutler's in Petoskey, Michigan. I was Up North for my Watercolor Journaling Class two days early, and we were riding through Downtown Petoskey very early on a Sunday Morning--and the Sun was just so bright on these beautiful yellow awnings, with all the purple Petunias just bursting out of the Planter-boxes--I said, "STOP! I need to draw a picture of that!" So we did, and I did--I watercolored it at home! Cutler's is a Kitchen Everything Store--If you can't find it there, it probably doesn't exist :-) The Store sits on a corner, and I'm not sure I quite captured that fact. (The entrance door is right on the corner behind the post.
At a later date--just recently, I saw this Teapot and Cup and sketched it in my new "AquaBee" Sketchbook with the fancy cover I put on it. It's only 4-1/2 x 6, and fits into my purse perfectly :-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love looking in Cutler's-and you captured it perfectly. I think I need to order a set of the teapot and cup!

Unknown said...

oh but can you make copies if it's in your beautiful journal?

beauty said...

Excellent site. The information is really valuable and useful. It's amazing that you didn;t even missed micro details. Thanks for your effort to help others.