Tuesday 4 January 2011

Christmas Amaryllis???

On New Year's Day--looking for something to "watercolor" I spied my Amaryllis (that was supposed to bloom at Christmas). It's somewhat behind, I think! It's supposed to be kept in a south window (for sunlight and warmth) which we don't have too much of this time of the year. So I painted it to show how it looked on January 1st. We had snow outside--but not too much sunshine! In fact, for about 5 days in a row, NO SUN at all! I had a "little talk" with Ammy and she seems to be growing a little taller now :-) Maybe I'll even get 2 blooms....I'll keep you posted!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, she a growing. Can't wait to see the painting afer she blooms. Love your sketch book and pictures!

Elizabeth B Merriman said...

MIne has not done anything but grow big long leaves... hmmmm, and I get south sun... patience, I guess...e

Marj said...

It's a week later and the leaves are just getting longer and longer...no sign of a "bloom stem" yet! I'll keep watering and hoping. :-)

Karen said...

Your watercolour journal entries are just lovely.