Saturday 10 September 2011

Ruth's Trellis

I just watercolored a Trellis that my daughter Ruth has in her back yard--Actually, the whole place looks like this--She is a Gardener (par excellence). She has a real green thumb (She must have inherited it from her Gram. K.--My Mother :-)
Her Garden has been featured (several years ago) on the Northville (Michigan) Garden Walk. She has several different varieties of Clematis (that is what the purple flowers are on the Trellis). All of this backs up on a huge pond and she has lots of 'wildlife' to contend with! The Birds are beautiful....but the Deer eat everything. There was an Eagle sitting on a limb (fishing) over the pond last week.
I did this in one of my newer watercolor journal books (shown above).  It's the one with the Black & White cover and the dark rust spine.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Marj - what a beautiful painting! I love the distance and depth you've achieved.

Unknown said...

This is one of your best. Sounds like you had a beautiful subject to work with. Aren't those animals a pain? You love them and hate them at the same time. Those deer...they eat anything with buds on it!!