Wednesday 14 March 2012

Early Spring Plants in my Yard/Garden


We are having some very Spring-like days -- in the 70's etc. and some of the Spring Plants are popping up all over the place so I went out with my pencil and journal and tried to get a few of these down on paper.  They are going to grow quickly if the weather stays warmish.  The Daffodils will bloom in the next few days--they are loaded with buds.  There are lots of buds on the Dogwoods (They full-bloom about Mother's Day in this area.) 
My Crocus (which was planted some 22 yrs. ago by our "first owners" and it comes up faithfully every year.  And those Aliums are getting bigger every day. 
I have a Squirrel-Stopper Pole and the squirrels have NEVER been able to conquer it!  It has to be 8 to 10 feet from trees, and it works! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elizabeth B Merriman said...

What a fun page, I like how you put all these images together. Isn't this a crazy winter? We are having our first stormy week after glorious sun for the earlier part of March.